The Yard Handler sorts and handles lumber, builds orders, loads customer orders onto trucks, and receives material.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- General yard labor
- Strap and package piles.
- Lifting up to 150lbs.
- Work indoors and outdoors
- Piling lumber
- Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of lumber species both domestic and tropical preferred.
- Must be able to read at a high school or GED level.
- Must be able to speak, understand and communicate safety to work related instructions.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
Opportunity for advancement – in house training
Yard workers can be promoted to tallyman, grader, or inspector.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org