Rex Lumber Company manufactures many stock sizes and profiles of siding in a variety of species.
Some examples of common siding profiles are:
- 3/4 x 5-1/2 beveled siding, with resawn face option
- 3/4 x 7-1/4 beveled siding, with resawn face option
- 3/4 x 7-1/4 beveled siding with bead
- Custom size plain or rabbeted bevel, with a smooth or resawn face
- Tongue and groove siding up to 11-1/4”, with a smooth or resawn face
- Shiplap siding up to 11-1/4” wide, with a smooth or resawn face
- Shiplap with cove, with a smooth or resawn face
- Shiplap with v-joint, with a smooth or resawn face
- Shiplap with “V” and reveal, with a smooth or resawn face
- Board & Batten with resawn face up to 15” (ripped edge)
- Log Cabin Patterns
Many of the profiles can be found in our online moulding catalog, Please see the Siding category for more info.
While siding can be made from virtually any specie suitable for exterior use some of the typical species used to make siding are:
- Western Red Cedar
- Atlantic White Cedar
- East White Pine
- South American Mahogany
- Douglas Fir
- African Mahogany
- Red Grandis®Eucalyptus
S4S and other exterior mouldings are available to complete the siding package. Our stock exterior mouldings can be seen be found in our online moulding catalog in the Exterior category.
Priming is available using water based or solvent (oil/alkyd) based exterior primer. Water based primer is applied in our vacuum coater and solvent based (oil/alkyd) based primers are applied through the spray finishing line.
Topcoats, stains, bleaching oil or other penetrating finishes can be applied through the spray line.
Customer stock may be used to make siding or other exterior trim items.